Hello, NBA Fans!
Do you want to know the latest about what’s happening in the NBA – including news and chatter from those in the loop? Do want a mobile set of tools for NBA fans that allows you crunch stats, analyze trades, compare players, and more – all why you are on the go? Maybe you’re in a fantasy basketball league and looking for that extra edge over your competition? If any of these describe you then Fan Servant (NBA Edition) is what you need.
Fan Servant will help NBA basketball fans who have a limited amount of time to use their time more efficiently. It does this by gathering information from various sources and presenting it to the user in one place rather then requiring that the user go find the information on their own. Add to that the additional items mentioned below and you’ll see that this is one empowering tool!
Fan Servant NBA Edition provides updated NBA league news all of which has been categorized by which players, teams, and topics it relates to. It also includes a collection of fantasy / research tools such as player comparison capability, injury reports and more. To keep you up to the minute we have created a collection of twitter feeds that are organized by whether they came from players, analysts, teams, and fantasy experts and include them right in the app. We’ve got game schedules, current team players, and even alumni going back about 5 years for each NBA team.Read More
Now that we have gone live we’ll be posting questions that belong in the FAQ here.
Q: On some of the screenshots there are team logos, but on the appstore there are not any team logos in the screenshot. Why is this?
A: Apple required us to remove the logos for the NBA teams in order to be sure that there were no copyright issues. What you see on the app store will always be the most recent screenshots.
Q: I have a feature or a twitter feed I want to recommend be added to the app. How can I make a suggestion?
A: We love suggestions and are accepting them via our suggestion page. Here’s the link (it’s also at the top of every page on this site). Just enter your suggestion(s) there and it will be added into our queue for us to include in one of our future updates. Ofcourse you are encouraged to review the app in the App store and you can always make suggestions there as well. However, we strongly encourage you to use the feedback form as it provides the information to the appropriate groups in real time allowing for better response and faster releases of updates.
Q: I am running in to an error using the app. How can I report a problem?
A: Bug reports are very important to us. We want you to have a good experience so you recommend our apps to your friends so rest assured we’ll do what we can to quickly resolve them. Bug reports can also be submitted through the FanServant suggestion page or through the SignAndTrade.com feedback page. The information you include will be used to find and resolve the bug so please be as clear as possible in describing the bug / unexpected behavior that you are finding in the app. Also, please include a legitimate email address so that we can contact you to follow up and get clarifications on the problem.Read More
NBA FanServant Change Log
version 1.1.4 – Update (January 14, 2012)
- Added full iPad support (no more 2x required!)
- Changed the way the schedule page works
- Few minor bug fixes and memory management fixes
version 1.1.3 – Update (November 2, 2011)
- Fixed a bug where button presses on the webpage viewing screen caused a crash.
- Removed an intermediate screen that was nothing more than an extra click for the user to get where they were trying to go. This is off the main news page. Also made this improvement to the team news and player news views. Get what you want in less clicks!!! Whoo hoo!
version 1.1.2 – Update (October 31, 2011)
- Fixed an issue that only occurred in iOS 5 that caused the app to crash when exiting the twitter feeds.
version 1.1 – Update (October 29, 2011)
- Updated Deployment Target from iOS 4.3 to 3.0 (support for more devices)
- Added ability to click links from within the twitter feeds
- Changed Teams List to divide the list in groups by conference and division
- Bug Fix: After “clicking” on a front page news item and then returning to the front page and then selecting a second item the values from the first item would somtimes still be retained. This would cause the first news item details to be shown no matter which other item was selected. It’s been fixed now so that what you select is what you get.
- Modified player details view in order to allow for images and improved layout.
version 1.0 - Initial Release (October 24, 2011)
We love the NBA! And we love creating tools that NBA fans will find valuable and appreciate too!
FanServant is brought to you by the same people that created the fantasy basketball tools and games website known as SignAndTrade.com, and we hope this app proves just as useful to basketball fans!Read More